Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Snapchat CEO on Email Leaks: ‘I Felt Like I Was Going to Cry All Morning’

email leaks

The enormous leaks as a result of the Sony hack had consequences beyond the entertainment industry. Sony entertainment CEO Michael Lynton is a board member and investor in Snapchat. With his whole inbox pretty much on display for the world to see, there were lots of insights about the inner-workings of the messaging app and the thinking of CEO Evan Spiegel. “I felt like I was going to cry all morning, so I went on a walk and thought through a couple of things,” Spiegel wrote in a letter to staffers Wednesday.

Among the revelations: Spiegel is smart. Snapchat turned down Facebook’s offer of more than $3 billion. Snapchat has made a host of acquisitions, including QR scanner Scan.me and high-tech eyeware-maker Vergence Labs. Snapchat tried to start a music label.

Spiegel tweeted out a letter he had sent to staffers as a result of the email leaks, describing his anger and apologizing for their work being “violated and exposed.”

I shared this with our team today and I wanted to share it with our partners and friends bc I think it's important. pic.twitter.com/eN5HpAhp42

— Evan Spiegel (@evanspiegel) December 17, 2014

Here’s a larger image of his letter (click to enlarge):

email leaks

New Career Opportunities Daily: The best jobs in media.

No comments:

Post a Comment