Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Piper Kerman and Larry Smith of 'Orange Is the New Black' discuss social media and more

Oitnb-piper-larry
Feed-twFeed-fb

We talked digital with couple Piper Kerman and Larry Smith, who are both appearing at the upcoming Mashable Media Summit on December 5, from 2:10 - 2:40 p.m. Kerman has been lauded for the success of her memoir Orange is the New Black, which is now a hit series on Netflix. Smith has found success as the founder and editor of SMITH Magazine, and he’s also known for his Six-Word Memoir project, which is now in its eighth year.

Eventbrite - Mashable Media Summit: Formats of Creativity

Q: How has digital impacted storytelling for you?
A: Larry: I loved to work in print in the late ‘90s and early 2000s. I had an internal mission to help people tell stories and an external love for the personal story. I was always the guy deeply involved in tech culture. I edited Tom Wolfe’s personal stories. Sometimes I edited essays for unknown writers. Sometimes I wrote my own – it’s just what moved me the most. It wouldn’t have been possible to do this without digital. Digital means everyone has simple tools to tell stories. Video images on our phones is magic. We’d like to do more with video and audio - it’s simplicity Read more...

More about Social Media, Media Summit, Business, Advertising, and Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment