Thursday, November 10, 2016

Following Leonard Cohen on Facebook made it feel like he was your family

Https%3a%2f%2fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2fuploads%2fcard%2fimage%2f281901%2fap_100818071068
Feed-twFeed-fb

I didn't know Leonard Cohen - of course I didn't. But his loss is profound to me, as it is for so many, because I felt like I did.


His music affected into me so throughly that I couldn't imagine a dark moment where his words, whether I wanted company or not, reminded me I wasn't alone. 



And then he became an unlikely public figure that I felt like I got to know through his Facebook page. I don't know how much Cohen himself (or his family) had to do with it, but the page's updates felt like the sort of thing you'd get from a relative.  Read more...

More about Social Media, Photos, Musician, Leonard Cohen, and Watercooler


No comments:

Post a Comment